"How do I get the best HypnoBirthing Experience?"
I get asked this multiple times a week, sometimes by the exact same people, and I've never had a place to write it down: Until Now! Here are the top 5 things to do to rock your birth, in addition to hiring a HypnoBirthing doula.
- You and your birthing companion are the consumer, so search for a care provider (OB, Midwife, etc.) who will support you and honor your request for a normal birthing without interventions. This provider will be so wonderful that you will lead your discussions at your appointments, talking about your wishes early and often. They will make sure those that are present supporting, doula, nurse, family, friend are also there to fully support YOUR choices and no one else’s.
- You and your birthing companion make time DAILY to condition your mind and body for ultimate deep relaxation on your birthing day. The ability to easily slip into deep relaxation, easily allows a mother to follow the lead of her body and baby and also to bring her to a state of calm no matter what distractions surround her. This is done with the Rainbow Relaxation CD, practicing your breathing techniques and visualizations. Listening to and reminding yourself of your affirmations. Practicing the deepening techniques with your birth companion.
- You and your birthing companion are consciously aware of your baby's position and how your posture is (avoiding recliners, bucket seats, etc.). You do your daily exercises, but most importantly visualize your baby being in optimal position.
- You follow nutrition guidelines and recognize that following those guidelines can help avoid late term surprises. Protein intake of 75-90 grams a day and staying well hydrated and eating a variety of foods to create a colorful meal. You stay away from processed foods and white sugars and starches.
- You and your birthing companion continuously empower yourselves with the knowledge that your birthing belongs to you and no one else. You maintain ownership of your birth no matter your birthing story or outcome.
Your mind and body are truly powerful creations and when they work together in perfect harmony your birthing will be beautiful. Happy HypnoBirthing!